Windbreaker (2) Windbreaker (2)

This is wonderful. Perfect ambient music. I have nothing else to say about it.

LimeDisciple responds:

Thankyou so much.

Norato - Hearth beat Norato - Hearth beat

First of all, this was very well made. Hence the five.

The kick is fine; it fits in well with the rest of the song. However, by itself -- as in the beginning -- it's way overpowering. I'm able to hear the kick's pitch pretty easily, and I don't think that should happen. After that first few seconds, though, it's not a problem.

The drops are good. Picking it back up, however, was sort of awkward. The first one, at 0:45, did well, but I feel as though you only added the drop for variety. I just expected something more. Instead, I felt that the piece was a little dead. I know it's trance. I'm not expecting some dubstep drop or a dance-like melody or anything, but I wanted something more. The second drop, at 1:30, did much better as far as serving a purpose, but that cymbal right after the drop was a little too much. It might sound better if you took the echo off it.

Besides those two things, though, I enjoyed it. Well done.

Norato responds:

ok, so the first drop I wanted to make in Tiesto style, thats why there is only lead and kick. I also know why you didnt like it, there is nothing new after the drop, and ther ALWAYS should be something new, I original wanted to make the lead in the intro sound diffeent, but thats still in progress,

Outro is missing becouse as I allready said, the song is in progress and will be released with the album.

Thanks for review and 5 stars :)

Nevermind Nevermind

To provide a good review, I'll break this down into two parts: composition and execution.

Composition: your introduction is pretty good. I like the mixing of lines, that sort of far away feel. You set the mood very well in that first minute or so. My only criticism is that the glock or whatever that is gets a bit old quickly. The rap -- the actual words themselves -- could be a bit better. The meter doesn't always line up. It also seems to shift around rather than focusing on any one aspect. While this creates mood/tone, it doesn't really impart any meaning. It's as though you were so focused on creating a poem/rap that rhymes and has meter that you sacrificed meaning. I would rather have a meaningful rap that has no poetic elements whatsoever than a nursery rhyme.

Execution: I'm talking about your rapping and singing here. Quite frankly, I don't like your rapping. It didn't flow very well. Something about it just didn't work. Your singing, on the other hand, was good. I haven't listened to any of your other songs, but I would much prefer to listen to you sing than rap. Your voice just seems better suited for it.

Cocobanana responds:

Thank you for the review, and what did you think of the rap in Red Vs. Blue? I think sometimes I do it better than others and it basically takes a LOT more confidence for the rapping even than the singing because I want to make it rhyme and say something in a way that a million other rappers haven't provided. As for the particular meter, I wanted to use the words more like percussion than to have meaning though there are some ever-present elements of the longing I have for a meaningful relationship with a man.

Return Return

I like from about 1:10 on. I feel like sometime before that you could have built into something. I'm not entirely sure, but it just started getting repetitive. Especially the drums. This song reminds me a bit of Sandstorm, mostly because of that chopped background synth. I guess I was waiting for a similar build because of that.

Pressure From Below Pressure From Below

I really have very little to say. Overall I enjoyed it. It makes for a good loop, too, so good work with that. My only criticism is that the first higher synth -- comes in around 0:16 -- is a little too weepy for me. It sounds sickly, and I don't really feel that it fits with the rest of the song. Besides that, though, everything is good.

EmperorCharlemagne responds:

I might have added too much vibrato to that particular instrument. Ha ha, it's one of the few effects in the program I know how to use so I tend to go overboard.

Thanks for the constructive remarks, and I'm glad you liked it.

War March War March

That opening beat was pretty good. Annnd... that's about it. I wish you had done something more with it. Thrown in some real melodies with it. Really, it was an excellent start. I was excited. Then you didn't go anywhere with it, and that's disappointing. Consider taking that first 5 seconds, maybe even follow the general form of what you have (i.e., the rises and falls) and using that as a basis for a real song.

Capitalist Pig Capitalist Pig

Overall, this was pretty good. I thought the music was really good. I don't know whether this was your intention, but this song makes for good background music. I could see it in a montage or action scene pretty well. However, the speech part could have gone better. The speech coming in at around 2:10 took me by surprise and didn't seem to fit in. The same goes at 2:30. The end and the beginning went pretty well. Consider giving the end a bit more time to die out. Getting into 0:57 was a bit awkward, but leaving it was good. I don't think I would change it, it's just something I noticed.

Thegluestickman responds:

Thank you for the review, the criticism really helps :)
The speech at 2:10, was supposed to be a kind of prelude to the solo. It was a bit of a gamble. The speech at 2:30 was supposed the same as the beginning. But I'm glad you liked the music, and thank you for the review.

The Earth is Blue The Earth is Blue

I really only have one complaint. The backgrounds at 2:25-ish to 2:57 really don't line up to the speech. The speaker (by the way, who is it? What speech?) is building up to a point, and talking about a particularly dark subject at that, but the music remains relatively static right before the drop. After the drop is pretty good, though, as is before the speaker comes in. As far as that goes, I agree with Endayne -- you put the vocals in at exactly the right moment.

(Actually, after going back and listening to it, the music remains static into the drop. Consider adding something like a sweep or something. I don't know. Bring out the drama of the speech.)

Yeah I can Fly Yeah I can Fly

Overall, this wasn't bad. It became a bit repetitive in the last minute or so. The bass was a little bit too distorted for me, too unclear. I'm terrible at making good bass sounds, but that wasn't it. Don't get me wrong, though, I enjoyed listening to it. I think you can bring some of the higher synths, like around 0:50, out a little more. 1:08 was a pretty good drop, but loses that pretty quickly. Right around 1:10, the bass drops out, which killed it for me. So I think you have some work to do, but this is a great first attempt.

ZxEatTheEarthxZ responds:

I definitely had some major trouble Leveling these things out so i totally understand that, I made the stupid mistake of finishing this song on my headphones which, on my part, was completely dumb. This totaled out to be like 150 so i did repeat a lot. Thanks very much for the review!

Brass And Wood Brass And Wood

For what it is so far, I enjoyed it. I do feel that the guitar part -- I think it's a guitar, anyway -- is a little too random and intrusive. The piano part goes well in this, and the drums are pretty good, but not exceptional. Keep it up; see where it goes.

Also, Yngvi49, I think in English what your talking about are quarter notes and eighth notes.

Romwell responds:

Thanks! I am not a guitar player. Next time I might just ask a friend instead of using a VST. As for the drums, I still have a lot to learn :)